1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Does your Prol Tool work with Windows XP, internet explorer 8?

Discussion in 'Recording' started by musicisalive2011, Mar 14, 2011.

1. musicisalive2011

musicisalive2011 Member

Mar 14, 2011
    Hello everyone,

I am not sure did I post this thread at the right place, but I require some help.

I bought a MBOX mini 2, which comes with Pro Tool 7.3, 7.3.1 updater and a bunch of plugins.

With windos Xp, service pack 3, internet explorer 8, my Pro tool fails to install.

After I have removed internet explorer 8, the version was dropped to explorer 6 automatically.

Then, my Pro Tools works (after a long hard painful research).

Now, my question is: Is there any Pro Tools that works with Internet Explorer 8 in XP? I cannot justify the advantage of increasing vulnerability of virus attack, by having a lower explorer version, just for the sake of getting Pro tools running.

There must be other solutions. I have googled a lot, but there are no solid answer. And yes, Avid still hasn't answered my question after I have waited for 2 weeks. I am considering to buy Pro Tool 8, but I would like to know whether I can buy cd only, and any Pro Tool actually works with Explorer 8.

Thank you!!
  2. hueseph

hueseph Distinguished Member

Oct 31, 2005
    Vancouver, BC, Canada
    That's normal behaviour for PT 7-8. Actually, I think they fixed this problem in PT 8.3. When did you buy your MBox? There may possibly be an upgrade available to PT 9 for a reasonable price. Then again, you would need Windows 7.