1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Dominion plug

Discussion in 'Recording' started by Tony dB, Nov 11, 2003.

1. Tony dB

Tony dB Guest

Anyone has ever used Dominion from the (free) download at http://www.digitalfishphones.com ?

I once downloaded this plugin (not yet installed), should do more or less the same thing as SPL's TRANSIENT DESIGNER hardware. Unfortunately the studiocomputer is down for the moment and i have a project coming up where this plug (or the real SPL TRANSIENT DESIGNER) would come in very handy!

feel free to react!

Thanks,

Tony dB

2. Sanity Inn

Sanity Inn Guest

Actually, I d/l and saved all the plug ins from that site ,,,

if you read the review on the compressor, it apprently got a good one,,

I can't rember the guys name off hand, Sasha I think, but we spoke in e-mail a few times,, nice guy,, ( I think one of the big players got him for a contract to write some plugs for them)

I have yet to try the plugs myself, can't remeber their VST ot DirX.. need to write patch to work it with samplitude,,,

I may thry the compressor soon, and compare to UAD-1 card for fun,,, if it's not too intense and the CPU and does what the review says , it may be handy,,

also the plug for the demormalization issue( if i run into it) looks like it may help..

hope my 2 cents added up to at least 1 cent lol

Sanity

3. falkon2

falkon2 Well-Known Member

Really good plugins, especially considering they're free!

Blockfish is great. For it's "price", it has got to be the most transparent compressor/limiter ever!

The denormals plug is a lifesaver.

They're VST, but they've worked flawlessly over here on SONAR2.2 with a wrapper plugin.

4. sserendipity

sserendipity Member

Yes, and I love them. Great for making drums 'breathe' and pump as they shouldn't :>

One of my favourite plugs.

5. Jonathan,
    What in the world is going on in your atavar? David

6. Pez

Pez Active Member

I think he's eating a hamburger?

7. David French

David French Well-Known Member

I think what Doc's getting at is that it looks as though he's attempting to chew his own arm off, :eek: which is what I always thought.

8. Doublehelix

Doublehelix Well-Known Member

Does that make it a "HAND" burger??? ;) Hehe...

Actually, if you look at the actual file name of the avatar it is called "BitingaHand.2jpg".

Back OT...I like the DigitalFishPhones stuff too, although I have mainly played with Blockfish, which works great on kick drums. Easy to use, easy on the CPU, and sounds great!

9. David French

David French Well-Known Member

HANDburger! hahahahahahaha! (I'm a sucker for retarded jokes.) Anybody know how to catch a unique rabbit?

10. Doublehelix

Doublehelix Well-Known Member

Uh..."Unique up on him?" :)

Us Hoosiers gotta stick together ya know...

11. falkon2

falkon2 Well-Known Member

With... a unique carrot for bait and a unique net