1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Don't Forget, Happy Mother's Day

Discussion in 'Recording' started by Doc@BeefyTreats.com, May 11, 2003.

1. Don't forget to call your Mom. Doc

2. Opus2000

Opus2000 Well-Known Member

Oh yes indeed!!! One should never forget to do that!

Especially with a Jewish mom! lmao!

Opus :D

3. lambchop

lambchop Active Member

....Ah, but what do you call her?

In my case I have a double whammy - a Jewish wife and a Gentile mother. By the way, just calling doesn't fulfill the obligatory Mother's Day obligations, especially if you want to live to see Father's Day!

4. Alécio Costa - Brazil

Alécio Costa - Brazil Well-Known Member

Is it at May 12th everywhere in the world?
    I miss my mother. She´s gone recently.
    Take all your chances and time to be with her and stress how important she is to your life
    :roll:

5. Sorry to hear that Alecio. :( Doc

6. falkon2

falkon2 Well-Known Member

LOL, that's a quote for the ages!

Sorry to hear that as well.

7. Alécio Costa - Brazil

thanks guys.
    BTW.. I did not understand the Quote for the ages!lol

8. I missed the LOL too, ACB, I think it was a grammar thing, no worries. Thanks for the PMs, buddy. Doc

9. falkon2

falkon2 Well-Known Member

I don't know... something about "Is it today all around the world?" just struck me as funny

10. Now I get it. LOL Doc

11. Alécio Costa - Brazil

repeating.. Is mother´s day celebrated in May 12th?
    I have seen important celebration dates slighly different from country to country!!!
    :)

12. Kurt Foster

Kurt Foster Distinguished Member

For meeee ...., "Mothers Day" is any day I get up and put on a big furry coat and start humming "Brown Shoes" to my self .... I bring these offerings to the alters of Jimmy Carl Black and Don Preston.... Kurt

13. lambchop

lambchop Active Member

Ah yes Jimmy and Don, I was thinking precisely the same thing when I heard Mothers day.

I recently turned 50 and my buddy that has really done well for himself in the program music world sent me every Zappa CD he could lay his hands on - about 26. I've just been reliving my youth listening to Uncle Meat, Holiday in Berlin Twenty Small Cigars - I think you get the picture. It's been Mothers day for me for the last two weeks!