Doonesbury this week...

Discussion in 'Live Sound' started by JoeH, Feb 26, 2005.

1. JoeH

JoeH Distinguished Member

Jun 22, 2004
    Philadelphia, PA/ Greenville, DE
    Home Page:
    Has anyone been following this venerable old strip lately? (I remember when it was considered cutting edge!)

There's been a very funny thread running this week, about recording/music, etc. This particular theme ended today (Saturday.) I don't know how many followed this strip over the years, but "Jimmy Thudpucker" is a long-running rock/pop/folk-singer recording "star" (in the lexicon of Doonesbury, that is...)

You can go to the calener and click on each day's comic strip. Scroll to the bottom left of the page to find the calendar, then start with Monday, February 21st. It's very apt, IMHO. (The Friday installment is perhaps the best of the lot!)

I may put this link up on my website for a's a hoot!
  2. Cucco

Cucco Distinguished Member

Mar 8, 2004
    Fredericksburg, VA
    Laughing Friggin OUT LOUD.

This comic fits well into my crusade of late. I'll contact the author to see if personal use of this comic would be allowed.

3. FifthCircle

FifthCircle Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2001
    Los Angeles, CA
    Home Page:
    This week is actually a repeat of strips from a couple years ago when the whole Napster thing was going down. Still rather topical, though (especially for this forum with the end and such...)

4. DavidSpearritt

DavidSpearritt Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2005
    Brisbane, Australia
    Home Page:
    I am not sure what was funny about this cartoon, its more just fact stating than anything.
  5. recordista

recordista Active Member

Sep 7, 2001
    Silver City, NM
    Home Page:
    Bush has been very good for Trudeau. IMO he's been doing his best work since the '70s of late.

You've got about a week left, since they only let paying customers view strips over 14 days old. If you find one you really like you'd better print it out or save the JPEG while you can.