1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

DP 3.x vs. Logic x.x vs. PT LE 5.1

Discussion in 'Logic' started by jeronimo, Jan 31, 2002.

1. jeronimo

jeronimo Guest

I'm using PT LE right now and I have a very stable system. The only reason I have to forget PT and go for DP or Logic is horsepower to mix... DP is dual processor ready and logic is altivec ready... ohhh, I forgot about the track count on PT LE .
    But I do love the stability and editing on PT. So far, I couldn't find out how to do some serious editing on DP 3 or logic... I mean... serious, FAST editing.
    I use those for AUDIO only, almost no MIDI at all.
    Can you guys comment/suggest my post?
  2. Hi Jeronimo.
    I also work with PT, but have this iBook running DP. I tried Logic too, it's nice... but as a PT user... If you have no other choice, go for DP, it's kind of similar in many ways; Logic is not. You'll get used to DP faster than LAP.

DP is cool.
  3. jeronimo

jeronimo Guest

Thanks for your reply!!! By the way, I'm dreaming about an iBook running DP 3 for a while... how do you like it?
  4. D-Edge

D-Edge Guest

Logic is a very stable, powerful DAW with strong MIDI attributes. But, I would have to agree with the comments above...I think you could transfer to DP faster than Logic. I have heard that logic has quite the lurning curve, but if you know it you can really do some powerful things. I think DP is very powerful with less of a learning curve. That being said it probably depends on what you are used to and how you work. For recording/mixing mostly audio I would definately go with DP. Many people actually prefer it over ProTools...of course another popular system for electronica based bands is to run Logic as a front for a ProTools system (eg NIN). I don't think you will be unhappy with DP, and if you think you might have any Film/Video projects come your way than DP is a now brainer. You'll also find that DP is very popular for portable rigs and live productions.
  5. jeronimo

jeronimo Guest

Thanks for your reply D-Edge. I agree with you too. You know, sometimes we're just affraid of changes! :) Tomorrow I'll start the first 'real' project with DP 3... I'll tell you guys my impressions after a longer period with it! Let's see how familiar I'll be :) Thanks!
  6. Hi,

Regarding my DP+iBook setup... I love it. I'm working on my thesis with DP+Unity DS-1... just flawless.

One thing I forgot to say: Automation is far easier in DP than Logic. There's also a lot of excellent MAS plugs, and BTW: Unity DS-1 rocks.