1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

drum mic preamps

Discussion in 'Preamps & Processing' started by tonybran, Sep 9, 2005.

1. tonybran

tonybran Guest

im not too familiar with preamps, ....but i need more than the 4 given preamps on my digi 002, so what are some good preamps with about 4 - 6 inputs on them...im lookin for some quality ones, not crappy ones
  2. RandomGuest

RandomGuest Guest

Feb 10, 2001
    what is your budget?
  3. tonybran

tonybran Guest

hopefully, there are good ones for 600-800 bucks?..if not, then im willing to spend more
  4. tubesmasher

tubesmasher Guest

try a Presonus Firepod. They have 8 mic pres, which is just right for recording drums. It has loads of other great features, look it up. Its $600 I think.
  5. Reggie

Reggie Distinguished Member

Dec 20, 2004
    For that small of a budget, about the best 4-channel pre you can get is a Sytek. Might stretch the budget just a little. Otherwise, just get a Mackie Onyx board, which is bound to come in handy anyway.

For about $900 you could get a Seventh Circle Audio kit with 4 channels of the C84 preamp. Then you could buy some channels of the A12's or N72's at about $325 a pop as you have the dough. Building them is not too hard, and quality is top notch (unless you screw something up).
  6. jakep

jakep Guest

Focusrite octopre is a nice unit provides 8 channels with compressor,limiters on each channel