1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

drum mic preamps

Discussion in 'Preamps / Channel Strips' started by tonybran, Sep 9, 2005.

1. tonybran

tonybran Guest

im not too familiar with preamps, ....but i need more than the 4 given preamps on my digi 002, so what are some good preamps with about 4 - 6 inputs on them...im lookin for some quality ones, not crappy ones

2. anonymous

anonymous Guests

what is your budget?

3. tonybran

tonybran Guest

hopefully, there are good ones for 600-800 bucks?..if not, then im willing to spend more

4. tubesmasher

tubesmasher Guest

try a Presonus Firepod. They have 8 mic pres, which is just right for recording drums. It has loads of other great features, look it up. Its $600 I think.

5. Reggie

Reggie Well-Known Member

For that small of a budget, about the best 4-channel pre you can get is a Sytek. Might stretch the budget just a little. Otherwise, just get a Mackie Onyx board, which is bound to come in handy anyway.

For about $900 you could get a Seventh Circle Audio kit with 4 channels of the C84 preamp. Then you could buy some channels of the A12's or N72's at about $325 a pop as you have the dough. Building them is not too hard, and quality is top notch (unless you screw something up).

6. jakep

jakep Guest

Focusrite octopre is a nice unit provides 8 channels with compressor,limiters on each channel