1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Drum Microphone Kits

Discussion in 'Drums' started by mousepotatoe1028, May 22, 2006.

1. RVK7 Drum kit microphone set. Around £200 quid,. Does anyone know what kind of quality these would be? anyone know of any other similar priced solutions? cheers, isaac.

2. maintiger

maintiger Well-Known Member

I used to have the AT fusion kit and it was quite good- don't know the one you're referring to

3. therecordingart

therecordingart Well-Known Member

It's hard to go wrong with the Shure DMK57-52 (three SM57 and 1 Beta52) or the Audix D Series Kits.

4. Tom Fodor

Tom Fodor Active Member

The Audix Kits are good value. The sco1 condensers are a very nice mid priced unit and the D6 rocks. Good call.....

5. BobRogers

BobRogers Well-Known Member

The Shure and Audix sets sound like good deals, but I'm always leary about buying things in sets because of my experience with kitchen gear and carpentry/mechanical tools. Usually works out that if there is even one thing in the set that you don't use you are better off buying the components you really want piece by piece.

6. Tom Fodor

Tom Fodor Active Member

The Audix kits are matched very well and each mic complements the others in the kit. I would be very surprised if you found one in there that did'nt get a look in now and then. :cool:

7. stickers

stickers Active Member

I am an owner of the Audix DP-5 kit. Besides being a great value more importantly, I like the way they sound. I like the clips that come with the kit. Its a time saver not having to set up a mic stand for each drum. Also, the mic are a small and easy to get in tight places unlike the 421 with is rather large IMO.