1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Drum/Perc Loops and ProTools

Discussion in 'Pro Tools' started by Groove Jungle, Jan 19, 2002.

1. I am working with a very young singer/songwriter (14 yrs old) and I trying to produce the sounds they are looking for which consist of a lot of percussion loops etc. . . which I need to come up with. I am Finding Protools a tough tool for this. I've got a Mix+4 system with a couple of TDM sample cells but building nice loops is almost a forever endenvour. It seems that I should be using Acid for drum loops etc. . . because I certainly don't have budget to build things from scratch.

I'd hate to have to revive one of my old PCs and integrate it into my studio but I just might have to.

Any suggestions on how I can leverage ProTools better in this area? |:-(

2. RandomGuest

RandomGuest Guest

I plan set up the studio Ibook laptop to run "softwindows" so as I can run some of those cool 'groove factory' type toys.. Burn off a CDR of the bounced (mixed or indevidual) results and pop it into my Mac rig to use on PT.

See how far I get...

:)

3. Bear's Gone Fission

Bear's Gone Fission Active Member

I think there's software called Frooty Loops (sp?) that's a looper for Mac, and I believe close to Acid.

Another thought, but maybe a bigger investment than you have in mind, would be to run Logic (TDM compatible) and the exs24 sampler and piece together your loop stuff there. Probably a lot more work to do the loops, but the system might add useful versatility for other projects down the line.

Bear