1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Drum simulation

Discussion in 'Drums' started by R_Spaulding, Nov 5, 2005.

1. R_Spaulding

R_Spaulding Guest

Does anyone here know of any particular software that does at least a decent job of simulating a real drum set. I just have some simple recordings (recorded with a desk mic, both vocal and guitars) and since I dont have a drumset I'd like to be able to expirement with different drum patterns to these songs im recording.

Any input is appreciated!
  2. NKN

NKN Guest

checkout NI's program Battery. I think it will be what you are looking for.

3. CoyoteTrax

CoyoteTrax Well-Known Member

May 25, 2005
    Home Page:
    check out m-audio.com for their ProSessions series listed under Sound Libraries.

.wav and .aiff files that are very easy to use and consist of beautiful samples and clips that are totally useable and workable.
  4. IIRs

IIRs Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2005

5. R_Spaulding

R_Spaulding Guest

wow, that looks sweet! So does BFD require a MIDI device, like a USB keyboard? It sounds like I might need one anyways, but I was idealy thinking of in interface where I could select from different drum sounds and pick the ones I will use to put them in seperate layers where I can click on a timeline when that sound will hit. If you have ever used Fruityloops, you will know what I mean... is that possible with any other programs?
  6. IIRs

IIRs Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2005
    Thats possible with any MIDI sequencer. Just make sure the one you choose is capable of acting either as a VST host or Rewire master.

You could use a MIDI keyboard to play the sounds in realtime (or a set of MIDI drum pads!) but that's not essential.. and BFD comes with a whole bunch of pre-recorded MIDI drum parts to get you started.

7. R_Spaulding

R_Spaulding Guest

Anyone know of a good place on the web to read up on some really good recording info for a beginner? or a recording dictionary of some sort to help me identify all these terms.