1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Drum VST

Discussion in 'Drums' started by stratman312, Jun 11, 2009.

1. stratman312

stratman312 Active Member

Mar 31, 2009
    Can anyone recommend a good, free electronic drum VST? Something along the lines of like a Roland Drum machine or something that would be good for ambient music. thanks
  2. NCdan

NCdan Guest

Um, I hate to be the one to say this, but........ good and free do not go together. The best you might be able to do is passable if you really know what you're doing. Then again, electronic music has nothing to do with natural sounds, so buy the time you compress, flange, and do an EQ overhaul, you might have something decent on your hands? Do you really need free? For your style of music, just about any decent vst library would be workable. You can't afford $200? Put in a few days of overtime?
  3. Zoro

Zoro Guest

Nothing free that I can think off but if you work some overtime like NCdan said I would recomend Stylus RMX. They sound very good, may not be what your are looking for but I like them a lot for what it does.

My 2C
  4. have you thought about trials of say XLN addictive drums. Then convert to wav before trial ends. However paying for it is best. Free software can be ok as in vst plugins like compressor types if you multi channel vocals using 5 or 6 tracks and different compressors. Good sound fonts are not free.. I wish. Then again you can torrent stuff..

good luck
  5. song4gabriel

song4gabriel Active Member

Mar 27, 2007
    NY, USA
    Home Page:
    another vote for stylus rmx. although $299 is not free, it will be money WELL spent. that thing rules for ambient drums. get the add on pack called "ambient textures"
  6. hueseph

hueseph Distinguished Member

Oct 31, 2005
    Vancouver, BC, Canada
    If you're looking for electronic sounds, Fruity Loops is particularly inexpensive now and is generally an easy to use sequencer for synth and drums. Fruity Edition is $100
  7. MadTiger3000

MadTiger3000 Active Member

Nov 16, 2004
    Look into soundfonts.
  8. LittleJohn

LittleJohn Active Member

Oct 31, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    If you buy a Korg nanoPad, you get a FREE copy of EZ Drummer. I have never actually heard it, but some friends use it a lot.

dunno ...

The nano Pad is on $60 - US.
    ( not as much overtime required as the other options here :D )
  9. SeniorFedup

SeniorFedup Guest

EZ drummer .. i purchased this and have a problem with it as a vst not loading up the presets when i re open a project on cubase , I still have not found the way to program the fills and drum changes. Any one have this issue?
  10. hueseph

hueseph Distinguished Member

Oct 31, 2005
    Vancouver, BC, Canada
    EZdrummer should be drag and drop. If you have SX3 or better, drag and drop midi is supported. As far as editing the fills, you simply do this in the step editor(piano roll as some people call it). Of course you can also just play the drums with a midi controller.
  11. Lougarcia

Lougarcia Active Member

Apr 11, 2007
    Manila, Philippines
    Home Page:
    You may try using Reason Software..it can be bridge with VST Running software like Cubase and Nuendo. It has loops and downloadable
    samples. Drumagog is also powerful VST Plug in you can replace the samples...

Hope this one helps!
  12. fiast

fiast Guest

i vote for stylus rmx too ..hehehe but i think that name not vst but vstI (instrument) hehe
  13. russellj

russellj Guest

how about drumatic 3 great little drum synth for electronic sounds http://www.e-phonic.com/plugins/drumatic3.php