1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

druming on sounds ?

Discussion in 'Drums' started by russ7, Jul 8, 2005.

1. russ7

russ7 Guest

i have this idea but i know not how to come about doing it... i would like to purchase a directional mircrophone, and a sampler and be able to record noises and get them on a sampler... for future use as a drummer... as once the sounds are on the sampler i can midi them to drum pads and be able to play my sounds? i dont know what mic will alow me to do this or sampler so if i could get some help that would be awsome!

2. AudioGaff

AudioGaff Well-Known Member

Any professional hardware sampler or VSTi sampler software along with a VSTi host program (I prefer E-MU EmulatorX) should also be able to handle that task.

3. russ7

russ7 Guest

will i be able to take the sampler with me and go to the sounds... as oppose to bringing the sounds to me ...

4. AudioGaff

AudioGaff Well-Known Member

Not sure what your asking? The sounds need to go or be with the hardware sampler or be with or stored on a hard disk connected to the PC that runs the sampler software. The samples/sounds come CD-ROM's that be loaded directly or get copied to a PC hard disk for quicker and easier access.