1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

dumb question

Discussion in 'Recording' started by ThirdBird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. ThirdBird

ThirdBird Active Member

how would i hook up an octopre to sonar 7?

2. MadTiger3000

MadTiger3000 Active Member

Very carefully.

What kind of soundcard do you have?

3. ThirdBird

ThirdBird Active Member

I have a crap stock dell sound card, and the pci card that goes with a seasound soloist

4. Kapt.Krunch

Kapt.Krunch Well-Known Member

I believe that's a preamp...not a computer recording interface? I believe you need to connect it to a proper interface to use it adequately?

Kapt.Krunch

5. ThirdBird

ThirdBird Active Member

From a review:

Good Points
    -Mic preamp is exellent. -knob and build quality is good. -ASIO latency 6-28m -Recoding quality is top class under expensive professional equp. -No latency with Cubase. -Cubasis VST is bundle program. -105db dynamic range. sounds are warm. damping is good. -phantom power -midi and audio meter control -monitor knob/meter Excellent sounds except only 2 input/out put. Legendary synthmaker Tom Oberheim had work for this machine. The circuit of this machine is so impressive. AK4524 Codec chip from AKM semi conductors-highquality circuitc.
    Bad Points
    -no digital I/O(no PDIF no RCA..) -only 2 analog output -only 2 line input and 2 aux input. However, you can expand using solo expander.

6. robbiusa

robbiusa Active Member

That's a description of the Octopre? I think that's what Kapt.Krunch was referring to....