1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

DXI to RTA or VST Wrapper Programs?

Discussion in 'Recording' started by pandamonkey, Oct 10, 2003.

1. pandamonkey

pandamonkey Active Member

Hello,
    Can anyone suggest a good wrapper for plugs to work as RTA format within Protools? Also, how should one install these so that they work with the host program?
    Regards,
    mIchAEl

2. Alécio Costa - Brazil

Alécio Costa - Brazil Well-Known Member

Michael, is this what you are looking for? I am not sure...

FXpansion VST-to-RTAS Plug-in Adapter
    The VST-to-RTAS Adapter for Windows XP and Mac OS X is a plug-in wrapper that allows Pro Tools TDM and LE users to integrate VSTplug-insand instruments into their working environment.

3. pandamonkey

pandamonkey Active Member

Hey, thanks for the quick response... Yes, that is what I was talking about. Can you recomend any and can you possibly discuss the difference between some of them if any??
    Regards,
    mIchAEl

4. Alécio Costa - Brazil

it is 4 am here. I worked all the day. I need to study this issue. I confess to you a got it at the Digi news info in the afternoon
    Sure, we can go back to this. David, have you seen this?
    Nice weekend
    snozzze szzzz....

5. Alécio Costa - Brazil

MIchael, take a look at this my friend!
    http://www.fxpansion.com/

BTW... 2.48am and have not slept yet!
    "Gud Nite"

6. falkon2

falkon2 Well-Known Member

I wonder if it's possible to use a VST-compatible program, load up a DXI->VST wrapper, and use that wrapper to open up a VST->DXI wrapper, and load a VST with that.

Haha, I wonder how many iterations it can take before the system goes bonkers.

7. Rob de Boer

Rob de Boer Guest

Falkon2: keep us posted if you have the results of your experiment! Hahaha. :D :D

8. Tony dB

Tony dB Guest

http://www.spinaudio.com

There wrapper is a nice tool I use daily.

You can download free stuff and try out. If you decide to buy, it is priced the way plugins should be priced...

Tony dB