1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Dynaudio Acoustics studio monitors opinions

Discussion in 'Monitoring & Headphones' started by audiokid, Mar 29, 2010.

1. audiokid

audiokid Chris Staff Resource Member

Mar 20, 2000
    Prince George, BC
    Home Page:
    What's your favorite DK-Technologies monitors?
  2. Jeemy

Jeemy Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2003
    I absolutely eulogise the BM15 passive Dynaudios. I sold my Yamahas, Tannoys and Fostexes to get into these, the passives are a great bargain, although you will need to invest in a decent amp to power them (I use a Hafler P3000). Considering the BM15As go second hand for almost triple the price of the passives, its a great bargain if your room is big enough.

They are large; but incredibly tasteful and detailed in the midrange, with enough movement to provide accurate bass from the driver. I later bought the BM6As as one of my engineers finds the 15s a bit fatiguing in our 3.5x3.5 control room, but me and the other engineer still mix on the 15Ps.

Speaks for itself when you dont really consider another manufacturer for your backup monitors.
  3. Atwater

Atwater Member

Oct 27, 2001
    Charlotte, NC
    Home Page:
    I bought a pair of BM-6a's in 1998 and still rely on them. For many years I hauled them around in a road case as a freelancer (and sometimes still do) and now they are in my little mix room that i built for today's no-budget projects.

Can anybody suggest what sort of maintenance these may need over the years?

4. denitronik

denitronik Active Member

Jan 29, 2010
    Dorval Quebec Canada
    I have a pair of BM5a and the BM9s subwoofer and I really like them. I do work from classical to rock and my mixes seem to hold very well.
  5. I concur with the above. I've been using BM6As and a BM9 for years with not a complaint.
  6. Link555

Link555 Distinguished Member

Mar 31, 2007
    North Vancouver
    I have the BM15A's I love them. They are easy to mix on. I originally tried the ADAM S2.5A but could not mix on them. The BM15a are fantastic.
  7. Adler

Adler Guest

I've been using Dynaudio BM6As in conjunction with their BM12S subwoofer for several years now. I employ an external crossover from Marchand Electronics to provide low pass filtering for the subwoofer signal. The corner frequency is set at 120 Hz with a gentle slope. I know that this frequency sounds a bit high, but this configuration is what was recommended to me by Marchand. The BM6As are not high passed and are allowed to roll off naturally. The monitoring chain sounds detailed and accurate, and my mixes and masters translate well on different playback systems.

Chris Adler
    Mindtree Studios
  8. BassFuzz

BassFuzz Active Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Anyone use the C4 speakers?