1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Dynaudio Studio Monitors, pro's cons?

Discussion in 'Monitoring & Headphones' started by Colt, Nov 15, 2001.

1. Colt

Colt Guest

Hi there!
    Has anyone tried the Dynaudio BM6 and
    what did you think about them?

2. adam_w1

adam_w1 Guest

Very detailed, good imaging, possibly a tad too bright, but way less tiring than NS10's. (and music sounds good through them !) A bit too small for full range monitoring, but the sub is nice, too...

3. Colt

Colt Guest

Did you try to boost down the Hi freq. (on the back of the speaker) and if so, how did that work?

4. RandomGuest

RandomGuest Guest

One view is that Dynaudios are only really any good once you get up to the larger models....

I need some full range midfields and am shopping around, I may give Dynaudio's a skip...

But I haven't tried the BM6's.. and am biased towards a midfield / ghetto blaster combo.

5. Colt

Colt Guest

Jules-what kind of speakers do you have in your studio? I couldn't really see what brand
    on the pictures. I won't need any big speakers
    just a pair that I can trust... I mixed one song in
    the BM6's and I kind of like it, it sounds good
    everywhere I played it. I do have a pair of NS 10's but I don't have the space to have a lot
    of speakers so I'm looking for a replacement.

6. Colt

Colt Guest

Jules-what kind of speakers do you have in your studio? I couldn't really see what brand
    on the pictures. I won't need any big speakers
    just a pair that I can trust... I mixed one song in
    the BM6's and I kind of like it, it sounds good
    everywhere I played it. I do have a pair of NS 10's but I don't have the space to have a lot
    of speakers so I'm looking for a replacement.

7. jo

jo Active Member

Home Page:
    I have a pair of BM 6A with a sub. I don't think that they are too bright (a little less bright than the Genelecs). I can't say that every mix I play on a different speaker sounds the same because every speaker sounds different. As far as translation goes I think they translate well, but I'm alsways searching.
    Hey Jules I really respect your thoughts but check the Dynaudios. The big ones are big but the small ones are alomost as big ;)

jo