1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Easy and effective way of monitoring HD24

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by igosplat69, Dec 2, 2006.

1. igosplat69

igosplat69 Guest

Hi Guys,

I just recently purchased a HD24 from alesis to save me lugging my racks of pro tools everywhere for on location recordings. Its main application is live concert recording and we are running a 3 way Active split system so i cannot route back into any of the other desks (well not easily). Are there any products on the market that are rackmountable and are just a simple 24 IN and have a mute and solo function and just dump out to a set of phones or even left right out so i can go to a headphone amp/splitter.

Any ideas let me know guys and if its not possible to do with without another desk so be it. I'm just stumped!

Cheers

2. therecordingart

therecordingart Well-Known Member

I think it is Crest Audio that makes a rackmountable 24 channel mixer. I could be wrong..it might be 16 channels.

3. RemyRAD

RemyRAD Guest

A long time ago, I purchased a Roland 24 input, 6 effects sends, 2 pair output, rackmount keyboard mixer. It was the same size as my TASCAM DA88's and worked well as a monitor mixer. It had plenty of headphone output, with dual stereo buses. But there are other rackmount line level mixers where you can get 8 into a 1U rackmount, and have the ability to gang multiple units to a single stereo output. It would take up no more than 3U rack space, although you might be hard-pressed to find any kind of solo feature? For that, you might need to use a pre-fader effect send for solo monitor?

Simple problems require Simple Minds (as engineered by Bob Clearmountain)!
    Ms. Remy Ann David

4. igosplat69

igosplat69 Guest

Thanks for the replies guys. I know behringer make a 1U mixer but what other brands/models are out there?! Ideally something like the Roland mixer would be cool too but i think they could be rare as these days. But yeh any other company ideas with the 1U ideas?

Cheers