1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Echo AudioFire 8 Problems

Discussion in 'Recording' started by clambaker, Mar 28, 2006.

1. clambaker

clambaker Guest

Hi,

I've had a few bits of weirdness with the Echo AudioFire 8 since getting one last week.

I am running Logic Pro 7.1.1 and Express 7.1.1 on a 1Ghz Powerbook with 512MB Ram - OS X 10.4.5

Basically the console software seems very flaky. The latency when monitoring thru software is unusable - we're talking Elvis Slap Echo presets here - even when Logic's I/O buffer is set to 64 samples. The AudioFire Console application window disappears only to be seen again after re-launching . . . plus a few other issues but I'll keep the rant to a minimum.

I've upgraded the AudioFire firmware to 1.04 and the driver is also 1.04.

Perhaps it's just early days in their OS X driver development but any comments from anyone using an Audiofire on Mac or PC would be greatly appreciated.

cheers

Scott

2. mdemeyer

mdemeyer Active Member

Hi Scott,

I've been using the AudioFire 8 on Windows XP (Service Pack 2) for a few months with no problems. (Of course, that's Windows not Mac.) The only thing I thought was their problem that turned out to be mine was when I switched from Audition 1.5 to 2.0 and, hence, from WDM to ASIO drivers, I had some serious sample drop problems. Turned out that I was maxing the CPU with the scrolling live screen update in Audition. :oops:

Once I turned that off all has been fine.

I have to say that the Echo guys are great. They took my issue seriously, worked with me, and didn't say anything bad when I figured out it was my problem all along...

Michael

3. flakie

flakie Guest

Scot, I have the same problem you had with AF8+cubase 3.1/XP-SP2. What did you turn off? Just scrolling ?