1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Echo Mia vs. Audiophile 2496

Discussion in 'Recording' started by tonejunkee, Jul 5, 2003.

1. tonejunkee

tonejunkee Guest

Hey Folks, I've been looking at these two units. The Mia comes off as the winner as far as specs go.....it has +4 dbv levels on the inputs (wich is a pro setting) whereas the Audiophile has a +2 dbv setting (consumer levels). Also, the Echo has 1/4 inch balanced inputs whereas the Audiophile has unbalanced Rca. I want to get the right one since it will be taking a signal from my great river me-1nnv/Studio Projects C3.

All comments will be cherished forever
  2. MisterBlue

MisterBlue Guest

If it is only between the two cards you mentioned I think you already answered your own question:

Echo Mia has better specs, +4 dBv input level support and balanced 1/4" inputs. What more do you need to know ;) ?

On a related note, however, I would also pay attention to the quality of the drivers (listen around on this and other forums). I honestly don't know which one is better in that category but it might make quite a difference.

I assume your budget restricts you to only these two options? If not, I can personally vouch for the quality and performance of RME cards. I have not found a single disappointed user yet. You might want to check those out, too. http://www.rme-audio.com.

Hope this helps,

3. tonejunkee

tonejunkee Guest

Thanks, Mr Blue - Those RME cards are very nice indeed - Too bad the entry level card is pricey - Let me know if you come across a cheap one. I'm convinced that the RME cards just have better converters.
  4. reddb

reddb Guest

i have the audiophile but have too many problems with drivers every time you look you have top upgrade im looking into the layla 24. I do not care to much for their cust. support either