1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Education needed for Audio Jobs

Discussion in 'Studio Lounge' started by jashwicka, Feb 16, 2009.

1. jashwicka

jashwicka Guest

I love recording artists and helping with live sound, but I also love hockey. I'd like to be the one in charge of the music and microphones at a hockey arena or doing sound for film. I've read all the posts about how it's getting really hard to make a living in this industry but would I be right to assume that these occupations would be more easily obtained with a 4-year degree?
  2. pr0gr4m

pr0gr4m Distinguished Member

Feb 9, 2005
    South Florida
    Home Page:
    I think it would go a long way to better your chances.

I know a guy who does that at a football/baseball stadium. It's a great gig...he even got a world series ring when the Marlins won! I don't know what his degree was in but I'm sure it helped to get his foot in the door.
  3. jashwicka

jashwicka Guest

Thank you. I appreciate the help.
  4. Sogar123

Sogar123 Guest

I want THAT job, holy CRAP haha. I'd be very interested in hearing any stories as to how someone progressed into that position. Seriously, if I could get a free ticket to a football/hockey/soccer game every sunday or whenever and put on Zombie Nation hahah, I would count my lucky stars :D
  5. iamfrobs

iamfrobs Guest

The studio manager at my school does sound for all the Buffalo Sabres games. He has a degree from my school in the same Sound Recording program I am in.

It's mad cool.

They tape PZMs to the glass on the boards. Just a little tidbit.