1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

education related Audio Visual Broadcasting

Discussion in 'Recording' started by shezan, Feb 10, 2006.

1. shezan

shezan Guest

hey guys i was just wondering... where can i get the best resources to learn about audio visual broadcasting stuff... like whts the task of an audio engineer in channel if its a broadcasting section... and stuff like you know wht i mean...

thanx

2. RemyRAD

RemyRAD Well-Known Member

I don't know a good source for television oriented audio instructions. I can safely say as a broadcaster, the most important part of the audio engineer, is to be basic and practical and get it on the air as quickly and efficiently as possible. I don't generally use a broadcaster oriented job to experiment with microphones or mixers. I will generally use plenty of PA style SM57/58 type microphones, since their bandwidth limitations can be beneficial to prevent extraneous sounds and bleed through from interfering with the vocalists. I don't use lavalier wireless microphones for singers, just handheld types. Where applicable, I will use some fine studio condenser microphones, i.e. on the band, not on the vocalist. Keep effects to a minimum. Remember television is in stereo but always check everything in mono, regularly, for stereo compatibility.

We're going on the air in, 4, 3, 2, (quiet 1)
    Ms. Remy Ann David