1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Ello, Guvna!...recording guitar

Discussion in 'Guitars' started by jordy, Aug 25, 2008.

1. jordy

jordy Active Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Reedsville, PA
    Home Page:
    hey everyone. just droppin in to say hi...and that i'm a new member and everything. so, make me feel welcome! i'll try not to ask too many stupid questions! hah.
    although i'm new, i have been frequenting recording.org for quite some time now- almost 2 years. and i must say that it's really helped me out.
    some of you guys really know what you're talking about!...or atleast act like it.
    anyways, for my first question EVER.....
    when recording guitars, i've been recently trying and new technique in some of our newer songs- i'll record the same rythym parts (especially in the choruses) 4 different times. each take, i'll change the eq and gain a lil bit, and then pan 2 tracks out to 75right/75left...and the remaining two out to 100right/100left.
    is this overkill? i think the results sound good and full, but i was just wandering if anybody else has been doing this as a norm...or if it just clouds things up too much.
    i notice most rock recordings i hear lately just sound like they only have 2 seperately recorded tracks panned opposite.
    i'll have to put up one of our new songs sometime here, to show you guys how it sounds
    anyways, get back to me
  2. hueseph

hueseph Distinguished Member

Oct 31, 2005
    Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Just do what sounds good Butlah.
  3. Joshh

Joshh Active Member

Aug 4, 2008
    that's a cool technique, i'll try it sometime, i tend to get carried away when recording guitar, i think my record is 35 tracks on one record using 5 mics, i'de like to hear a sample

4. MrJulius

MrJulius Guest

I would love to hear a some samples.