1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

EMU 1820m or Delta 1010 or Echo Layla 3G??

Discussion in 'Recording' started by swanmusic, Jun 26, 2005.

1. swanmusic

swanmusic Guest

Which one do you think is the best option, quality wise. (Features is not what I am really looking for).

2. AudioGaff

AudioGaff Well-Known Member

For qualty and overall value, with out a doubt I'd choose the E-MU 1820M. If fact I bought one myself because I think it is the best overall valued audio interface on the market.

3. Big_D

Big_D Well-Known Member

I own the Layla 24/96's and they are superb. Haven't heard the 3G's much but the converters are supposed to be "better". I don't think so though, they added two pres and ruined the product IMO. They took away the ability to connect everything in the back. If you want to plug into all 8 channels 2 have to be plugged into the front. Who wants to plug stuff into the front of their converters? Not me. They turned a serious peice of audio gear into something for a kid to wank around on in his bedroom.

ECHO, please put the damn thing back the way it was, it's not a toy!

OK rant over.

I've heard good things about the 10/10 and the 1820 so both should work well also. As far as the ECHO it's still a good product but I don't sse those pres as a plus.