EQ Plug In?

Discussion in 'Mixing & Editing' started by vikki, Sep 9, 2003.

1. vikki

vikki Guest

I'm new to the recording thing so if this sounds a bit funny....don't shout at me. O.K i'm just building a good quality mic pre amp and it won't be too long before its finished, the mic pre has no eq on it so is there a good EQ plug in i could use along with my mic pre, or am i best building a parametric eq? I,m running Sonar 2.2, any ideas.
    Vikki (u.k)
  2. Dave Nyberg

Dave Nyberg Guest

If Sonar runs VST you could look into Waves, TC and Nomad Factory plugins. They have some tasty eq's. The Mackie UAD also has a Pultec style eq which sounds like a million bucks (the real one sounds like 2 million bucks).
  3. falkon2

falkon2 Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2003

There you go
  4. Doublehelix

Doublehelix Distinguished Member

Oct 7, 2001
    Don't forget about the Cambridge EQ for the UAD... Sweet!!!
  5. Hypothesis

Hypothesis Guest

Waves REQ is quite acceptable, but if you want a real price/performance deal, then get the Mackie UAD-1. You can't find anything better for the buck. CHeers :)
  6. vikki

vikki Guest

Thanks for all the suggestions and info. By the way the "Autotune" plug in, is this for pulling vocals into pitch or does it give some other effect or lilt to the sound as well?
    Thanks once again
  7. or the FREE Paris EQ... hehe...
  8. RandomGuest

RandomGuest Guest

Feb 10, 2001
    Hi Res EQ

Alot of folks in the SawStudio community love this one. It's DX, also, so you can use it in Sonar. :c:
  9. falkon2

falkon2 Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2003
    Brock: That rings a bell... Is it the one with the nonlinear output section? If so, whats the link again?
  10. BrockStapper

BrockStapper Guest

check it out...

Not for use with everything, but nice to have in the toolbelt...
  11. Doublehelix

Doublehelix Distinguished Member

Oct 7, 2001
    Funny, I just got ahold of the Paris EQ a few days ago...haven't really had much of a chance to play with it yet...
  12. Daddy Cool

Daddy Cool Active Member

Sep 30, 2003
    Home Page:
    My alltime favorite is the Sony Oxford EQ. a powerful and good sounding EQ.

I tried the paris eq, and it sounds very harsh in my ears..
  13. mjones4th

mjones4th Active Member

Aug 15, 2003
    Yes. No. Maybe. Both? I got it! All of the above.

Its used to 'correct' harmonic irregularities.

Its mis-used (read: creatively applied) to 'effect' vocals in may ways, so I hear.

Never used it myself. Us sophisticated hip-hoppers have no need for such toys. We just hawk a loogie on the condenser's diaphragm when we need some weird effect!

king mitz