1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Error message in PT LE7

Discussion in 'Recording' started by emt-nick, Mar 8, 2006.

1. emt-nick

emt-nick Guest

Damn these infernal error messages!

I keep getting these error messages in Pro Tools LE 7 during recording/playback telling me that "The operating system held off interupts for too long. If this occurs often, try increasing the 'H/W buffer size'..." blah, blah, blah. If I turn this setting too high I get bad latency which makes playing to and recording with a click track impossible. Right now I have it set too 256 samples and I can rarely get through 10-15 seconds of recording/playback without the error. I've set Processor Scheduling to background services as one website suggested.

Anyone familiar with this problem who can help me out.

Specs: Gateway MX7525 notebook, Athlon Mobile 64 4000+ 2.59ghz, 1 GB DDR RAM, Mbox 2 USB interface, recording to LACIE 250GB external hard drive (Firewire).

2. SPLstudio

SPLstudio Guest

well i have the same troubles at times but i just ignore it....
  3. gilligan204

gilligan204 Guest

The same thing happens to me (Dual G4 512 ram) I think its digi's way of saying you shoulda bought the big boys toy (HD) My other guess is that PT 7 was really meant for ultra fast computers such as the G5s . I am currently running 6.1 and have the same issues with an 002 factory, Such is life and Digidesign.
  4. TomF

TomF Guest

Do you have your external hard drive connected to your computers firewire port by itself or do you have it, oo2>Hard Drive>Computer?

If you have the Hard drive connected by itself. Try it wired , 002>HD>Computer. That should end the messages.

Hope it Helps!