1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Eventide Eclipse

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by dabmeister music, Aug 13, 2003.

1. dabmeister music

dabmeister music Active Member

I've read that this unit has 5 times the processing power than that of the H3000. I like Eventide products even though I don't own one. I could use my anual bonus to purchase an Eclipse. I'm curious to find out if anyone has used this unit or currently owns one. Is this a unit worth looking at?

2. AudioGaff

AudioGaff Well-Known Member

The Eclipse is the replacement for the H3000 series but is more of a scaled down DSP7000 in terms of presets and sound. The Eclipse is like having 2-H3000's in one box and still has many more algorithms, extra capability and flexability. I think it is the best single space multieffects unit on the market.

3. Alécio Costa - Brazil

Alécio Costa - Brazil Well-Known Member

what about the KSP8?
    and the new SPX2000?
    I think for harmonizing a la Steve Vai stuff this Eclipse box is a must, right?]

4. lorenzo gerace

lorenzo gerace Active Member

Hi

I've been using an Eclipse several times (borrowed one from a collegue :( :roll: , trying to get one for my studio asap): I think it's one of the best (if not the best) effects processor in it's category: lushous and dense reverbs, killer modulations and the obvious Eventide quality in pitch algorithms; not to mention that it has an enormous flexibility as far as routing and I/Os are concerned: analog, AES/EBU, Spdif, ADAT... practically all the formats you could ever need; really a world above conventional plug ins or average reverb units, made the difference in a few mixes where the quality of the reverb was crucial; in case you didn't understand I love this box!

L.G.

5. dabmeister music

dabmeister music Active Member

Great-then I'll consider giving this unit a serious look.