1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Ever heard of orange county compressors?

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by Aloha, Jan 26, 2004.

1. Aloha

Aloha Guest

Are they any good?
  2. Chance

Chance Guest

where did you see / hear them ?
  3. bap

bap Guest

Are they made in Southern Califonia?
  4. Aloha

Aloha Guest

I've never heard of them before but recently met this guy with a bunch of old gear for sale. He says they were pretty high end back in the day, whenever that was. I would assume that they were made in california. I do know that one local studio has afew of them and they say they are pretty good. Just wondered if anybody has ever seen them or has any history of the company. Couldn't find anything about them in any internet searches.
  5. evhwanabe

evhwanabe Guest

Maybe they are built by Orange County Choppers! that would be NY though! hehe
    Sorry I can't help
  6. quartermoonpro

quartermoonpro Active Member

Jul 29, 2003
    Sure Do! I own one myself and wish I had a few more in my rack. Are you looking at the OC Stressor unit? It has and EQ section, Compressor/gate/expressor section, and then the limter. I think they kick ass, personally. I like using them on kick and snare, they're very punchy.. What is the seller asking for them, price wise?
  7. Aloha

Aloha Guest

Well I bought it today for like $300 and it sounds good. I used it on some kick and snare tracks to test it out. A big thumbs up from me, these things are pretty good.
  8. quartermoonpro

quartermoonpro Active Member

Jul 29, 2003
    That's a great price. I paid 400.00 for mine about 6 months ago. They are "colorful" but in a good way for percussion instruments. I've been known to use the compressor on a few vocals as well, with pleasing results. YMMV