1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

everything you know about CAD equitek series

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by rockstardave, Jun 16, 2008.

1. rockstardave

rockstardave Active Member

Mar 3, 2006

i've heard good things about the e-100 on almost everything except vocals. i have no hands-on experience with any of the Equitek mics.
  2. droc8705

droc8705 Active Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Orlando, FL
    i own the e-100 and i really like it for kick...both inside and out. i've also got at d112 and more often than not, i end up using the cad. my favorite set up is using the e-100 inside the kick and a shure ksm27 outside. i've also tried the e-100 on my vox ac30 and liked it too, but i'm just biased to using my 57 on it. i haven't used it on anything else lately, but i'll start using for more things pretty soon. for the money though (~$100 on ebay), it's a great deal.

3. moonbaby

moonbaby Mmmmmm Moderator

Feb 23, 2005
    I have a pair of E-100's. They were intended for a choir, but they suck at that. I, too, have discovered that they work better on drums-toms and OH, as well as kick. This past Sunday, I used 1 on a violin, pretty natural sounding, certainly not "scratchy"...
  4. Davedog

Davedog Distinguished Member

Dec 10, 2001
    Pacific NW
    I had one for a bit and wound up using it on low toms exclusively. It was a bit of an EQ hog for guitars but for a very 'heavy' low-end oriented guitar sound it would do well. It seemed to be immune to high DB's of any sort.

I replaced it with a low-end Shure BG series kick mic. Not sure if its better, but it is tighter.