1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

exporting music

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by x2x3, Feb 27, 2004.

1. x2x3

x2x3 Guest

What are the pros and cons of exporting music in software? I think it's a good idea to send to a external recorder but I am in the process of acquiring the funds to get a masterlink. any info??

2. Ellegaard

Ellegaard Active Member

I believe it is better to mixdown in the digital domain if you're already doing all your work there (which most people are in these days). The reason is that every time you make a digital-to-analog or analog-to-digital conversion, there is a chance that the quality will decrease. Obviously that also depends on what kind of hardware you have...

3. Chance

Chance Guest

Personally, I record thru an analog board ( an Allen & Heath Sigma ), to A Mackie HDR 24 / 96. From there I mix to a Masterlink. I LOVE MY MASTERLINK. Also I love an analog console. To me, theres nothing like having your hands on REAL faders and listening while you turn an EQ pot. Then again I am so used to an analog board, it's just that, analog works best for me because I am so used to it

4. David French

David French Well-Known Member

x2x3, i'm sure your money would be better spent elsewhere.

5. themidiroom

themidiroom Active Member

I export music sometimes because it is quicker. Since I have a quasi-analog environment, I primarily do my mixes into a stereo track on my DAW. The quality is very good in either case.