external cross-overs by Derek Hughes (Graham Audio) for the Rogers 5/8 and your experiences with it

Discussion in 'Monitoring' started by vonrozen, Nov 27, 2018.

1. vonrozen

vonrozen Active Member

Hello !

I have just bought a pair of external cross overs, developed by Derek Hughes and marketed by Graham audio especially for the Rogers 5/8 to enable the user to use any power amp and not be limited by the Quad 405 and its rather badly designed cross-over.

Has anyone had some positive experiences with this ?

Can it really improve the quality of the good old Rogers ?

Thanks

Alexander

2. Boswell

Boswell Moderator Distinguished Member

Home Page:
    Hi Alexander!

When you say you have just bought a pair of new crossovers, I'm assuming they line-level electronic type rather than speaker-level passive ones. If so, which power amps are you intending to use with them?

I would be interested to know how you get on with them. I've been keeping an eye on your thread and the replies at vintage-radio.net.

3. vonrozen

vonrozen Active Member

4. vonrozen

vonrozen Active Member

as i mentioned before, my fear is that the improvement in sound will be insignificant and the lack of tweeter protection is a concern too. Would be interesting to hear from someone, who has experience using the passive cross-overs.