1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

External Inserts on Mbox

Discussion in 'Recording' started by Squelch, Sep 20, 2005.

1. Squelch

Squelch Guest

Aight I have the cable that goes off to two unbalanced cables with tip in the input and ring in the output. Now when I try to insert it on a track on pro tools it is telling me that the I/O is already being used by another device which is my output for the overall mix. Having only two input and outputs on the Mbox, how am I supposed to insert the effect on a track in the software? It is treating the insert 1 and 2 like they are also analog input 1 and 2!!

2. Kev

Kev Well-Known Member

I think you will find that the insert on the mBox is only an analog insert between the MIC to ADC ( then to the software )

not a software /hardware insert for things once already in the DAW software.

Mic to Mic-pre
    Mic-pre to Insert Out
    normalled to
    Line Input to ADC.

mbox one only has two ADC's and two DAC's
    ( I think mBox2 has 2 additional digital inputs )
    it would require more to get a software/hardware intsert happening while recording from Mic ... or you would have to loose your monitoring ?? not practicle.

hope all that makes some sort of sense
    :(

3. Squelch

Squelch Guest

Oh I got it now, had to read that a few times but I get it. Pretty much what your sayin is that the external effects can only be used while tracking because there is no way to return on a track. Thanks.