1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

External Soundcard issues.

Discussion in 'Recording' started by kevriain, Nov 22, 2008.

1. kevriain

kevriain Guest

I am using an Aardvark q10 Pro, Cool Edit Pro. i have all of the drivers for the Aark. I have been using CEP and Audition for several years. I recently picked up a computer that was custom built around the time of the manufacture of the Aark and was prestine when i got it.
    The computer is solid. I have had the Aark for a year and this is the worst trouble that it has given me.

Here is the situation:

Sometimes i can get playback through the aark.
    sometimes i can get playback but no click from CEP.

a week ago i did some tracking and saved a session. every session that i try after that day i dont get playback at all. this happened in the middle of recording another sesion.

also, my channels on the aark have skipped by three. track one is recorded through track 3 etc.

if i open the "good session" i can rename and save under a different session however, i can not adjust the metronome or any of the settings without CEP terminating.

i am going to uninstall the driver, and the recording programs. i will attempt to get this thing going from the ground up.

any suggestions?

thanks a ton, ri.

2. Space

Space Well-Known Member

Wonder what kind of shape the hard drive is in? Do you perform regular maintenance on it? Had you installed any new/other software or hard ware right before this issue began?

CoolEdit Pro doesn't exist in that form any longer, is that correct? I would also have to wonder what kind of shape the software is in...

3. kevriain

kevriain Guest

the hard drive is pretty sound. the machine was designed as a server. the recording program was just installed about 2 weeks ago. it worked fine and then it just got goofy. i still cant get sound out of the aark so i by-passed it and went to the soundcard.

i have to lay a demo for a band in about a weeks time and i hope it holds. its sad because the aark, when it works, is a nice piece of equipment.

4. kevriain

kevriain Guest

cep is adobe audition now. 3 is very sweet but doesnt recognize the aark. the aark doesnt like previous versions.

5. Space

Space Well-Known Member

This could very well be the issue. I have never attempted to run recording software and hardware directly from our home server because it runs a different os that does a different thing that uses different drivers.

6. kevriain

kevriain Guest

its no longer a server. it is solely used as a recording computer.