1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Extra Processing power for mbox, 002 etc

Discussion in 'Recording' started by Squelch, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Squelch

Squelch Guest

Wassup everyone? I use mbox1 to record death metal and black metal so it gets real loud and insane. I need more processing power, I cant record anything loud or it gives me that damn error "Drive cannot get audio fast enough blah blah blah". I have almost smashed my computer because of this message a few times and I'm so sick of it. Its like if I play blast beats, error message, or if my vocalist screams, error message. Its enough to make me wanna cut my arm off!! The only thing I could do to get my drums recorded was pretty much lower everything to the point that I was playing to the song in my HEAD!! I could only faintly hear the guitar and if I put the click on, ERROR!! I know I've seen a box for processing power for pro tools with like a blue bottom, I just dont remember what it is called. Its like an external processor for audio. If anyone knows what its called let me know or if you have a trick to get the recording to stop interupting my sessions with the error message I so deeply loath PLEASE let me know. Thanks.

2. Squelch

Squelch Guest

btw I am using an external smartdisk firelite firewire hard drive on an ibook g4 or just the mac hd

3. Squelch

Squelch Guest

IM SUCH A DUMBASS, NEVERMIND!!

MY HD IS 5300 RPM AND I NEED 7200!! THATS WHY, I AM BEYOND PISSED AT MYSELF FOR BUYING THIS HARD DRIVE!!! THIS BUY WAS SO STUPID I SHOULD BE TORTURED AND HUNG UP UNTIL I BLEED TO DEATH!! AHHHHHHHHRRRRRRG!!!

::punches self in the face::
    ::shatters glass table with head::

4. Markd102

Markd102 Well-Known Member

Yeap, that will do it.
    And recording something loud doesn't really need any more processing power. :-?

5. Squelch

Squelch Guest

true true

6. jonnyc

jonnyc Member

don't forget to kick yourself in the balls too

7. Squelch

Squelch Guest

its on my to do list