1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Extremely simple question on CD-RW

Discussion in 'Recording' started by Alanfc, Apr 17, 2003.

1. Alanfc

Alanfc Guest

This is embarrassing-see question below/thanks....

I have Nero Express. It was bundled with my TDK CD-RW machine.

I use it to back up big projects as Data (not Audio) to CD. Using CD-RW discs

The files are small enough to fit 2-3 generations of the project.

I want to save them separately/consecutively on one disc so its like:
    1. Backup 1 Apr 13 122 mb
    2. backup 2 Apr. 17 157 mb etc....

But I keep overwriting the original and I can't figure out why. I have plenty of CD space and I don't want to overwrite (because I've heard that can affect data if overwritten too many times). It has something do do with "Session/multi-session" and "Disc at once" but I've tried every permutation of these options and can't get it .

Does it have something to do with the naming of the disc? Or re-naming the original big file I'm copying off my hard drive?

The weird thing, to ME anyways, is that when I put the CD into my CDRW machine, the Windows folder showing the contents of the drive show only one item, my latest overwrite at its proper file size (of a single project) .. .... But in the Nero Express view showing disc contents, it shows all the saves I'd done with all the proper file sizes of the 2 or 3 versions I've saved .

Very frustrating because its gotta be some major obvious thing I'm missing here. I can't find any mention of it in the 131 page Nero Express manual - of overwriting vs. adding !

Anyone out there that can help me?

thanks