1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

EZdrummer

Discussion in 'Drums' started by lite, Jun 23, 2008.

1. lite

lite Guest

Hey guys,

I have been searching for a way to add on beats to my music and have finally discovered EZdrummer. I was just wondering if anyone has used it and can comment on it. Also, i only have Cubase LE, will it work with this. I feel silly for asking this but i am new so i have no shame lol - I record everything on my Multitrack recorder and than edit in cubase- im assuming i can just add the beat/s i like to my track (the stereo mastered track) then export and import to my MTR) and all will be in sync and then i can run another master track and include the drums?

2. hueseph

hueseph Well-Known Member

That seems like a lot of extra work to me. Record with a click track, import your tracks into Cubase and assemble the beats and do your mixdown in Cubase. I have EZdrummer. It's a great program but, it helps to have a midi keyboard so you can add beats or fills. It sounds pretty mechanical otherwise.

3. cfaalm

cfaalm Active Member

Go to Toontrack and listen to the demo . You will see they use it with Cubase. So there is your answer 8) . You choose audit a drumpattern in EZ drummer, choose one and drag and drop it into Cubase. Perhaps edit it some more in Cubase and copy a few parts around and start mixing.

It think it sounds pretty good. I am also contemplating buying it.

4. multoc

multoc Active Member

Go check out my brothers band http://myspace.com/yeolderelic and listen to Drumkit from Hell from EZdrummer in action

5. lite

lite Guest

Thanks guys. I know what you mean about mixing in cubase but the thing is i just spent about $900 on my MTR and i want to use my MTR as much as possable lol. I know that sounds stupid but otherwise it would sort of seem like a bit of a waste of money. Although the way you suggested does sound alot easier, i will try it and see how it goes. by the way, how much for a midi keyboard? cheers.