1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Fab Dupont talks about his career and the Music Business

Discussion in 'Studio Lounge' started by audiokid, Oct 14, 2012.

1. audiokid

audiokid Staff

Interesting interview with Fab Dupont

http://squarecad.net/ArchivePages/squarecad47-puremix.html

2. RemyRAD

RemyRAD Guest

I never heard him say anything about his new Neve console? I've got to ring him up. Find out what's going on? I might not be going up to FLUX until after our election? I know he said he didn't want his studio to have any downtime but they're still putting that thing back together again. I thought maybe it would be up and running by now? My patch bays were 1/4 inch and all of his were TT. He was muttering something about converting everything over to TT? I think he said he had space issues? Is not going to put the monitor mixer where the mix minus panel used to be. He's going to put patch bays there which actually would be good. I think he's using a Dangerous something for monitor mixer? Should be cool. I can't wait to check it out. It's like giving up a child. It's been my kid for almost 9 years. The other I've had for 16. I feel kind of lost without my 36 channels of replacement parts? Actually I'm scared because I now no longer have any spares of anything except half of the leftover of the spare parts box. I told him I didn't want to give up my two channels of spare channels. But he wanted those really badly and told me I wouldn't be making any more recordings probably anyhow.??? If I had wanted a fortuneteller I would have paid for a fortuneteller. It certainly wasn't terribly uplifting for somebody just shy of their 57th birthday. LOL but he's probably right? I've been mostly out of business the past couple of years anyhow. I never thought I'd be thinking about retirement? I'm certainly eight years away from any government funding LOL. What kind of trouble can I get myself into now?

I want to open up a take-out pizza place. Will that be a 10 inch Ampex Grande Master with pepperoni, extra cheese and onions? How about a 14 inch Scotch 250 with that special tomato and Scotch sauce? You can get it with anchovies arranged in the little cans in the Pentagon like decoration. Don't eat the cans, please. I know how to do this because I took an order for a 10 inch pepperoni with extra cheese, during a rock 'n roll session. Our phone number was one digit off from the pizza place 2 miles up the road. So I took the pizza order. I really give this guy a hard time. I told him he would have to pay extra to have the pizza sliced. I asked him how many pepperoni's he wanted on it. I asked him what was the weight of the cheese that he wanted, 1/4 pound, 1/2 pound, 1 pound? What color would you like the cheese? We have red, blue, green, for a small additional charge. I told the guys in the band, it was time to take a break and we should go get pizza. So we hauled ass up to the pizza place. This guy was really mad when he found his pizza was not ready and waiting for him. We almost laughed out the pizza and beer that was in our kissers. So it was a great recording session! Lots of laughs.

Corned beef and mustard pizza. This will go over great in Miami.
    Mx. Remy Ann David

3. Kurt Foster

Kurt Foster Distinguished Member

actually that sounds very rude to me ...typical remark considering the source (young hot snots) gawd how i hate them. take comfort he will either get old himself or perhaps he will die young. if he's really that inconsiderate, a just resolution.

i want to open a hot dog stand.

View attachment 2583

anyone want to trade a bunch of recording equipment for a soft serve machine and a soda dispenser?

mmphhhh! gahhhh! suicide ahhhh!

4. RemyRAD

RemyRAD Guest

Well, I don't think there was any malice by what he said? I think he was just being realistic. If you're not being currently successful at nearly 57, it ain't going to happen probably in this lifetime again? It's no different for the other countless individuals who have also lost their studios in recent years. Why should I be any different? It's only the Luck of the draw you know. We don't all get to be millionaires, no matter how many lottery tickets we've purchased. Rude? Perhaps? Realistic? Undoubtedly.

Suffering with succotash
    Mx. Remy Ann David

5. Kurt Foster

Kurt Foster Distinguished Member

well if he ever came to my hot dog stand, i would give him a dog that had been dropped on the floor (ooops!) diddlydoo

at worst brash, at the least, inconsiderate.