1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Fast track Pro or Mbox2 multitrack and loop

Discussion in 'Recording' started by Vegadeth, Jul 14, 2006.

1. Vegadeth

Vegadeth Guest

I posted a similar topic on the home studio forum. I just thought I might more resposes here.

I have been using a Roland 1880 for years now and I have decided to slowly move over to computer (pc) based recording. I track drums and full bands on the 1880 and will eventually want to be able to do that on the PC. For now due to the lack of funds I was thinking of getting the Fast track Pro interface and Pro-tools M-powered. Is this a recommended route? I like the idea of the Mbox2 but I am conserned with compatibility and other issues some PC users have. i understand that I will only be able to track 2 at a time with the fast track pro and 4 with the mbox2 if your using the analog and digital inputs. The idea is to expand in the future.
    I have been using Acid home studio to create music loops using my recorded acoustic and electronic drum beats, noises, etc. Would I be able to use Acid along with this version of Pro Tools? Can they link? Would there be a better program that decently user friendly, expandable, and can be used with Acid or has it's own beat based loop capabilities. Any help will be very much appreciated. I am just trying to get the most bang for my buck and have the ability to expand in the future.