1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Faulty Alesis SR16?

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by bigshum, Nov 29, 2007.

1. bigshum

bigshum Active Member

Mar 27, 2007
    Brighton, UK
    Hello all,

dug out my SR16 to use it's sounds (fed up with loading up plugins for basic drum sounds I'm only going to destroy them anyway) and it's not outputting audio from either the L/R main outputs, the Headphones jack or the Aux stereo out!

I've been through all the menus and I'm pretty sure it never had an audio off function anyway. It seems to be sending MIDI data, can't test if it's receiving cos it won't make noise ha ha.

The pads on the front of the unit also don't appear to trigger any sound.

I opened the unit up and I can see no apparent issues with any of the sockets or the connections on the PCB or any other circuitry (although I'm no expert). There is a battery in there, 3V I think, but I assume this is for the onboard memory?

I know it's a long shot but if anyone can assist that would be awesome.

2. AudioGaff

AudioGaff Distinguished Member

Feb 23, 2001
    Silicon Valley
    Have you tried to call Alesis about it?
  3. pr0gr4m

pr0gr4m Distinguished Member

Feb 9, 2005
    South Florida
    Home Page:
    Check your output assignments and make sure they are correct. I've got an SR-16 that's ancient and it's still rockin although the volume pot is practically shot...maybe your's is totally shot?
  4. cathode_ray

cathode_ray Active Member

May 3, 2007
    West Palm Beach
    There's a re-initialize sequence available but I don't remember. Check handbook. It's kinda like a lobotomy(manydrummers benifit from this now and then...).
    It will set everything back to default. Volume pots sounds like a likley spot as well...