1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Field Recording Microphones

Discussion in 'Microphones' started by JonHarry, Dec 6, 2006.

1. JonHarry

JonHarry Guest

Hey guys, I posted this topic a while back, just re-posting to hear some more suggestions..

I'm looking for a pair of matched microphones for my field recording escapades! I will be using them for foleying sound in a studio, to recording street performers in metros or outside. Basically, I'm looking for a close to flat sound, a pair of microphones than can be used inside as well as outdoors.

I was looking at the earthworks, they are a little expensive for my budget at the moment... I was also looking at the NT4, which is essentialy the matched pair of the Rhode NT5 built into a permanent xy configuration....

If it helps, I'm using a tascam hd-p2 stereo portable recorder...

Please enlighten me, christmas is approaching, and I'm getting anxious to treating myself to a pair of microphones!
  2. JoeH

JoeH Distinguished Member

Jun 22, 2004
    Philadelphia, PA/ Greenville, DE
    Home Page:
    FWIW, I've had excellent results with the NT-4; much better than I ever expected (or deserved!) in some situations. For the price, you can't beat it. You can run it on a 9V battery or phantom from your recorder, too. Give yourself a holiday treat, and pick one up. I doubt you'll be disappointed. :cool: