1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Finally burned a 5.1 AC3 tune, playable on a common DVD player. Here's how!

Discussion in 'Recording' started by Maurk, Oct 18, 2011.

1. Maurk

Maurk Active Member

Sep 30, 2011
    Terre Haute, IN
    After much testing and online research, I finally found out how to not only make a 5.1 audio file, but also which of the many formats to use. Using SONY Vegas Pro 9.5 to mix 6 separate tracks to a 5.1 AC3 file.... then using Audiomuxer to create a videoTS folder.... then finally using common Nero 9 to burn the videoTS folder to a DVD. The resulting DVD has no video, of course, but it plays whatever AC3 files you have audiomuxer add to it in 5.1.... which plays on anyone's 5.1 system. A computer can play 5.1 WAV files (and other formats), but now I can play 5.1 tunes at somebody else's house. Surround sound formats seem to be evolving in many directions. I just wanted to point other newcomers to a format that worked for me.
  2. RemyRAD

RemyRAD Guest

Sep 26, 2005
    Oh wow! I have tried a similar scenario to that but never thought about the Audiomuxer. That's brilliant! Maybe it's also because I'm only using Vegas 9.0? I used a static still shot since it required video... and even though AC 3 is a compressed data reduced format in MPEG 2, the DVD specifications allow for 24-bit 96 kHz! So cool. Thanks a bunch! This should become a sticky. And who says DVD audio is dead? This is awesome! Maybe I'll even work in some more surroundsound now? This is a beautiful way to deliver. You are a genius! This is one of the coolest posts yet.

I think you're trying to start some trouble?
    Mx. Remy Ann David