1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Firebox problem

Discussion in 'Recording' started by stratman312, May 28, 2009.

1. stratman312

stratman312 Active Member

The first time I hooked it up, it worked fine, but now it won't let me select an input to record. I know that my computer is reading the firebox, but for some reason when I go to select my input, it just shows the firebox, but won't show any inputs. Im using sonar 7, and I've updated my fireware, installed new drivers etc. but nothing is working. I didn't change anything before it stopped reading.

2. TheJackAttack

TheJackAttack Distinguished Member

What is your OS?

3. stratman312

Just changed to XP. Had been running vista, it was ok, but was getting some dropouts, so switched.

4. TheJackAttack

It is likely you need to change the sidspeed in the registry. XP SP2 corrupted the default firewire transfer rate causing the problems you describe. There was an MS hotfix for this but I don't remember the number. Alternatively you can install the 1394 driver from SP1 and this will also rectify the problem.

5. stratman312

I'm having trouble finding a link for this, can anyone post one for me? THanks

6. TheJackAttack

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/885222/en-us

If you don't have the SP1 CAB with the older 1394 driver click here:
    ;)

7. TheJackAttack

search engines

This page also discusses the root problem. If you are comfortable with a registry editor you can fix things without any downloads or hotfixes.

8. TheJackAttack

This is a download with KB885222 hotfix and instructions in PDF form from my website.

;)

9. stratman312

Whenever I download one of these, it says mine is newer than the one I am trying to update.

10. TheJackAttack

Right. But it doesn't work so you are going to get rid of it. If necessary you need to rename the SP2 cab temporarily to dead_SP2 until you are done RETROGRADING the driver.