1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Firepod w/ iBook 1.42ghz G4?

Discussion in 'Recording' started by mikeytwice, Dec 11, 2005.

1. mikeytwice

mikeytwice Guest

Greetings all. I was wondeirng if my laptop, an 1.42 Ghz G4 with 512 RAM (which I'll probably upgrade to 1.5 gigs ram), would be able to handle a Firepod? And, if so, what sort of audio programs does the Firepod work with that this computer can take? Logic Pro? Garageband (obviously)?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

2. gdoubleyou

gdoubleyou Well-Known Member

As long as the drivers are good, you should be OK.

Also check the forums at Probably more info than you want, but not necessarily more than you need :shock: for user respones.

8)

3. Hitman

Hitman Guest

I've been using my Firepod on my ibook 833mhz w/ 512 ram, and it works like a charm. No problems what-so-ever. Go for it!

4. marsvolta

marsvolta Guest

Hey Hitman

Which audio programs have you been using? Logic, Cubase? What is your experiences with number of audio tracks with effects etc.?

I'm considering an iBook too, so it would be nice to hear of your experiences!

Thanks in advance!

5. Hitman

Hitman Guest

I have been using Garageband. It is simple and all I need at the moment. My intent with the Firepod is to use it for recording my drum kit. So far I have only been using it for stereo recording until I build up a bigger collection of mic's. My GB songs have consisted of about 5-6 tracks, and so far I've not had any problems. One thing I would recommend is to get an external firewire hard drive that runs at the faster rpm's. I record directly to the external drive, and things are working fine for me.

Hope that helps.