1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Focal studio monitors opinions

Discussion in 'Monitoring / Headphones' started by audiokid, Mar 29, 2010.

1. audiokid

audiokid Staff

What's your favorite Focal studio monitors?

2. MadMax

MadMax Well-Known Member

Focal Twin6 BE's....

The easiest to listen to monitor that I've ever heard.

Very clean, unflattering, accurate as a lazer and a damn good value for all you get.

3. blaumph2cool

blaumph2cool Active Member

Man, I am really drooling over the Twin6's. I heard them flush mounted in a church studio and the detail was stunning.

4. niclaus

niclaus Active Member

Well, we bought the solo6be as a replacement for our tannoy System600A.
    We had to buy some monitors really fast cause one of our small studios was missing a pair.
    We heard so much good about those ones that we went for them.
    I was really disappointed!!! I know everyone speaks very highly of them but I did not find them as precise as anyone else, and i don't really like the low end.
    But maybe there's a problem with that particular room, cause every speaker we put in there was disappointing!!!

5. blaumph2cool

blaumph2cool Active Member

Uh yep. I'd say it sounds like you need to redesign/properly treat your room.

Have you ever measured the rooms freq. response?

6. niclaus

niclaus Active Member

Yes we do that every now and then in every studio. The frequency response is allright. But i don't know, the room is nice to listen to music but not so much for working on voices... I don't know, it's lacking something...

7. audiokid

audiokid Staff

Sounds like your room needs tweaking. Focal monitors have really high ratings.
    Time to ask for Rods help. Studio Construction Forum

FocalCMS65MipaWinner.jpg

8. niclaus

niclaus Active Member

Well, that's a damn good idea....
    I'll do that as soon as i have time to take measurments and everything.
    But, the room was design by a acoustician....
    I was thinking that it could be that the genelec 1037 in the other studios were so precise, that it was hard to go from them to any other system.... You know, you wouldn't mix on your TV speaker when you have the big ones in the room next door...