1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Focusrite Preamps

Discussion in 'Preamps & Processing' started by diz, May 17, 2005.

1. diz

diz Guest

What do you think about the Focusrite Twintrak Pro and the Voicemaster Pro? Also, what does the vintage harmonics on the Voicemaster Pro do?
  2. MistaG

MistaG Guest

Vintage Harmonics fatten up the sound like a tube. I rarely use it. The preamp and compressor are the show. The other options on the Pro rarely come into play.
  3. Dr_Simon

Dr_Simon Guest

I have the PVMP and although it is a matter of contention here, I really like it.

The vintage harmonics add noise to "warm up" your signal. They can be useful or not depending on the sound you want.
  4. diz

diz Guest

Are you all pretty happy with the quality the preamp puts out? The Twintrak would be about near the same quality as the Voicemaster, correct?
  5. MistaG

MistaG Guest

So the company says. Some of the literature I have read says that the Twintrak has the same "award winning preamps as the Voicemaster Pro".

So, I think it's safe to assume they are the same.

Regarding the preamps, I am very happy with the sound.
  6. diz

diz Guest

Thanks. Have you all heard anything about the Joemeek twinQ? What does everybody think about the Joemeek?