Focusrite Red-3

Discussion in 'Mastering' started by vagelis, Jan 25, 2004.

1. vagelis

vagelis Guest

How does it sound for the Mastering?

Thanks

2. Michael Fossenkemper

Michael Fossenkemper Distinguished past mastering moderator Well-Known Member

I have one and like it for some things. It has a fairly smooth sound but not much punch. It can be used for more broad strokes rather than surgery. I used to like it but in the last 4 years have found myself not using it as much. The high end is a little to hypey for my taste but can be usefull. what kind of eq are you using now?

3. vagelis

vagelis Guest

Sometime I use the Eqs from the Finalizer and sometimes the Eq from waves the Ren.ones.
    I'm thinking to buy the Focusrite ones, that's why I asked how the Comp. sounds.

The last time I used the Waves Eq, TLAudio Comp. the 1176 (plug iin) and the L2.

What do you use at the moment?

4. Michael Fossenkemper

Michael Fossenkemper Distinguished past mastering moderator Well-Known Member

Oh, my mistake. I was talking about the eq and you were talking about the compressor. If your talking about the plugin, then it's not really worth it IMO. I would go with something from waves. right now i use the weiss DS1 mkII compressor. Once you go Weiss, you never go back. I also have a rack of the Amek 9098 compressors that I really like. they are great for doing gentle compression but the Weiss is my workhorse.