1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Focusrite saffire 26i/o?

Discussion in 'Recording' started by ryanwalters, Aug 3, 2006.

1. ryanwalters

ryanwalters Guest

When is this supposed to ship? Has anyone tried one? If so how does it compare to the mackie 400f?

2. gdoubleyou

gdoubleyou Well-Known Member

Not released yet!
    :!:

3. October

Talked to Simon at Focusrite and he said the "Firewire core" has taken longer than expected. He estimates it will be ready in September, in stores in October. Hang in there (I've been waiting since April)...

4. rmeulen

rmeulen Active Member

WOW, didn't know about the 26i/o yet.
    Seems like I've to consider getting a firepod and wait for the price and more specs of this one. Could not find anything about the possibility to tie a few of those together in order to have, for example, 24 channels available for record. But atleast it has read (AND front) connections, which I was hoping for the FP to have...

Any one got info about the price yet?

5. lk

lk Guest

Sweetwater lists it for $699. That seems a little to good to be true. How could it be that cheap? 8 Green Series pre's with 192K converters....hmmmm.
    If its as good as the Saffire then I'll definitley be getting at least one. :D

6. roguescout

roguescout Guest

I'm saving up for a RME Micstacy to go with my Fireface. Otherwise, 8 Greens for that price is pretty tempting. Probably the same pres they used in the first gen MBox... which aren't all that bad. I heard the Saffire's on-board effects are kinda weak though.

Focusrite will still be getting my money for a Liquid Mix!

October? ARRRRGHHH! Hurry up!