1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Focusrite Voice Master Pro as Compressor...

Discussion in 'Recording' started by Sty, Oct 23, 2005.

1. Sty

Sty Guest

Hi there community
    I just got today my Voice Master Pro (sounds really nice for a novice ear! )

the only "compressor" i had it was a Composer Pro (Behringer).

Now i have a very dumb, maybe obvious question, but your opinion really matter for me :

Can I use the Voice Master Pro as a compressor for other instruments, since i have only the Composer Pro (and i have heard bad things about this compressor) ?
    I have a Mackie CFX12...

Any tips and coments WILL BE VERY APRECIATED

2. moonbaby

moonbaby Mmmmmm Well-Known Member

Use a "voice processor" for other sources?!?!?! Blasphemy!! :wink:
    Of course you can! I use a Drawmer MX60 and a Valley AF-1 all the time on guitars, amps, organ, synth, and more. You may have a bit of limitation at the EQ side of the box, because some of those types of boxes have EQ that is "voice-optimized". And when you try to compress, say,a bass with it, the compression parameters may not go slow enough for low-frequency waveforms, but....
    How does Kieth Richards describe his composing style? As "happy accidents"!!! You gotta do the same thing...experiment! I mean, it's not like you're gonna blow something up!

3. CoyoteTrax

CoyoteTrax Well-Known Member

The Voicemaster Pro has a nice smooth sound.

Use it on EVERYTHING that it sounds good on. I agree with moonbaby.

Don't discard your Composer Pro though. There are some things it's still good for; Hand Percussion being one of them. The Composer has a big open sound that's not bad for that "Live" sound.

4. Sty

Sty Guest

Thanx Guys for the replies and tips ;)
    I am reading a lot of threads in here,
    I do need be in here :D