1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

For people using any guitar sim. devices.

Discussion in 'Guitars' started by timster, Oct 28, 2003.

1. timster

timster Active Member

Aug 17, 2003
    I am sure there are alot of people that have POD's or similar out there. Myself, I have a J Station, much better than the POD but I digress...

I was pretty impressed with the J stations sounds, quite good for what it does, but for serious recording I still used amps.

I ran it through the VMP and WOW! Man, alot better, I mean alot. Then I ran it through two channels of the VMP, holy $*^t!!! I dont use my amp anymore. It is difficult to crank it in my enviroment anyway, but the J sounds that good!

Most of you im sure will diss these amp sim things, but I am telling you the J, tweaked properly and with some very specifc EQ through 2 channels of VMP is as good as any amp I have heard.

SO, if you have a J station, POD or whatever that you havent really been that happy with, stick it through your VMP. You will not be sorry. :0)
  2. Bowisc

Bowisc Active Member

Aug 22, 2002
    Pretty much anything you throw at the VMP comes out as sweet as a slice of NY Cheesecake from Junior's.

For some tracks, I'll go SPDIF out of the J-Station into a D/A converter, then into the Sebatron. You'll get more resolution and a cleaner signal. The VMP gives it some life. It's there alright. It's there alright (did I say that twice?).

You can also put a mic up in your control room and record the J-Station through your monitors (turn off the "amp" sims on the J). Blend it back in to taste. This will give you a more realistic signature.

3. timster

timster Active Member

Aug 17, 2003
    OK, thats interestinG. I run from the analog out into the VMP. I was thinking my Lynx2 :c: A/D would be a league above the J station converters.

But Im going to give it a go that way anyway just to see how it goes :0)