1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

FREE ENGINEERING HELP

Discussion in 'Composing / Producing / Arranging' started by Le Vab, Jan 9, 2012.

1. Le Vab

Le Vab Active Member

Hi everybody,

I am new here.
    I only have 1 target: HELPING PEOPLE GETTING A BETTER ENGINEER AND COMPOSER.

Engineering is Art and true mixing is in your brains..........just train them every day !

Cheers
    Le Vab

2. moonbaby

moonbaby Mmmmmm Well-Known Member

Ditto

3. rocksure

rocksure Active Member

It's cool that you want to help people to become better engineers and composers. Welcome to the forum.
    It is true that the best way to learn is to train your ears daily to know what to listen for. We can all learn from forums, tutorials and books, but in the end it comes down to practice and experience in order to get better. I have been involved in the audio and music business for a number of years........but I am still forever learning new secrets, new tricks, new ways of doing things. Some knowledge has come from reading, some has come from watching others, and a huge amount has come from the thousands of hours I have put into my craft, and by trial and error.
    Sharing the knowledge we have gained through experience with other composers, musicians and engineers can be both a privilege and fun.

4. CL2Zero

CL2Zero Active Member

Well said, rocksure. Well said.

5. RemyRAD

RemyRAD Well-Known Member

I love those Kiwis. The Vegemite... I can do without or whatever that black stuff is you smear on bread. Why don't you banger a hot dog? Or do you hotdog a banger? I loved Wellington. Didn't care much for Auckland. Didn't make it down to Christchurch either.

Is it true what they say about all those guys that wear nearly knee-high boots and the sheep? I mean 3 million people but 10 million sheep could keep guys busy for a long time? Is that why so many women do their hair like sheep?
    The New Zealand radio guys really didn't like me. Oh I did think they were nice radio guys just not recording engineers much. I utilized multiple microphones and they only wanted to utilized an AMS " Sound Field " microphone. But when their producer heard what I was doing, they wanted to utilize my microphone setup for their project. The New Zealand radio guys were aghast at that. So much for government-sponsored recording technique. That's what would have gotten Geoffrey Emmerich fired from EMI had the Beatles not been as popular as they were and that's thinking OTB. Being in a little two island country, you are already boxed in. Though I really loved it there. I wasn't even really interested in seeing Australia. Besides, the year I was there, your rugby team beat Australia's rugby team in your Super Bowl of rugby.

Should rugby be capitalized? I mean uppercase? It's football so it's already capitalized.
    Mx. Remy Ann David

6. rocksure

rocksure Active Member

Vegemite, Marmite.........yeah that's NZ!. Wellington definitely nicer than Auckland in my opinion. Christchurch was a great city...after the earthquakes it's really struggling. Hard times there now. I had been serious considering moving there before the big shakes.
    Rugby and cricket........big spports in NZ...but I doubt Americans really undertand either of them!. In rugby there's no p[adding and helmets and when you score you have to touch the ball down. In gridiron for a touchdown you don't even have to touch the ball down. What's with that? Are you guys scared of falling over on the ball and getting hurt.... even with all that gear on? haha ( ruffle feathers...stir..stir ) :)

7. rocksure

rocksure Active Member

Thank you