1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

G4 733 Price Drop?

Discussion in 'Recording' started by Bryson, Jul 20, 2001.

1. Bryson

Bryson Guest

I read on another forum that the G4 733 is now $1,700 - from $3,500..........Anyone know about this?........What's up?

2. SonOfSmawg

SonOfSmawg Well-Known Member

Yup...that's a fact, Jack...see Apple's website. A 733 with a CDRW for $1699. So much for selling my G4-400 for a decent price.

3. Opus2000

Opus2000 Well-Known Member

But does it include a monitor? I could build a faster PC with monitor and many more bells and whistles for that price!!!! Just to start a flame war!!! Hee hee
    Opus

4. Bryson

Bryson Guest

Originally posted by Opus2000:
    But does it include a monitor? I could build a faster PC with monitor and many more bells and whistles for that price!!!! Just to start a flame war!!! Hee hee
    Opus

You can build your own Mac? I did not know this......

5. Opus2000

Opus2000 Well-Known Member

I suppose you could build a mac but I'm not positive about that one..I'm talking about IBM systems..PC platform..ya know...windows(the platform that bill gates copied from the mac os!!)
    Opus

6. SonOfSmawg

SonOfSmawg Well-Known Member

Right-On, Opus, I DO love my Mac, but you CAN get a lot more puter for the money with a PC.
    For $1700 you could build a hellacious Athlon 1.4Gig system that'll be faster and have better components than the Mac...decent 19" monitor included.
    It's not the Mac puter that I love, it's the Mac OS. I like it a lot more than Windows98SE. They sell virtualPC with Windows
    for the Mac...it's too bad they don't sell virtual Mac OS9.1 for the PC!!!

7. gtrmac

gtrmac Guest

Sad truth is though that a G-4 733 can leave a 1GHz PIII in the dust due to the superior architecture of the chip. Just thought I'd fan the flames a bit :D
    Well they did name it after me didn't they? Truth is though that I build and use Windows machines due to the much lower cost of building a DIY DAW PC. It's also a lot less painful financially when it comes time to upgrade. Win2k is running very reliably and Win98Se can be tweaked pretty good too.