1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

G4 Noise solution

Discussion in 'Recording' started by ILOVESOUND, Oct 25, 2004.

1. ILOVESOUND

ILOVESOUND Guest

What do people think about this as a solution to the noisy G4s?

http://www.acoustilock.com/gcab.html

It's $900 plus shipping. I usually say, spend a little more and get what you really want (i.e. a new quiet G5 which would not only be an upgrade in noise, but obviously a better computer too.) However, a new G5 starts at $1500. So, assuming shipping is around $100, that's still $500 more I'd be spending to upgrade.

On top of that I don't believe Digi001s are compatible with G5s correct? So essentially I'd be looking at an entire new set up (which would be my preference if I had the cash...but I don't) just to accomodate a new computer.

So, is the cabinet worth it for an extended short term solution? $900 to improve the noise and keep my current set up. Or, put up with the noise and put that $900 toward the new dream set up which probably wouldn't happen for a while - and when it does, I'll probably have no use for the cabinet with a new quiet computer. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

ILS

2. LittleDogAudio

LittleDogAudio Active Member

Oh man,

I made a perfectly good "dog house" for my G4 for $50.00

It's just a box with some stratigically placed vents. It may not be quite as quiet as the $900 option, but really now.

Chris

3. maintiger

maintiger Well-Known Member

This one is $500 and works great!

http://www.silencecases.com/

4. ILOVESOUND

ILOVESOUND Guest

Awesome. Glad I asked. Thanks a bunch ~

ILS

5. Mario-C.

Mario-C. Active Member

go to veraxfans.com